Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Tune into Technology-Classroom Websites

It is Thursday, so it is time to Tune into Technology with iTeach 1:1 and Learning to the Core.

This week's topic is Classroom Websites. I've used the same website for the last five or six years-I can't remember exactly how long it has been. (Sure sign that I am getting old, right?) Anyway, the site I use is very simple to use and to navigate. I use teacherweb.com.
 
What I like about it is that you can use their  pre-set pages, or you can pick and choose what you want on your own site.You can also choose a background that matches your class theme or switch it up for different holidays.

What I like most about it is the fact that I can list all the homework, tests, and any other important events/activities on my page each night. Parents are able to check there and see what is going on in the classroom. The other thing that I love is that I am able to upload all of my study guides, classroom schedules/newsletters, and project guides to my site. This cuts down on the amount of parent e-mails I receive at night asking for a new copy of a study guide because the one I sent home was misplaced. The parents know they can just download a new copy from my site, huge time saver for all of us!

What classroom websites do you use?

6 comments:

  1. I used to use Teacher Web before we went to eChalk and loved it. I agree about how it cuts down on parent questions and emails. I like to have all the important stuff in one place. Thanks for linking up with us!:)

    Kristin
    iTeach 1:1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it easy for you to keep up with? I started one a few years back but Couldn't keep up with it. How do you manage your time and the site? Going to check it out! Thanks!

    Jess
    I {Heart} Recess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just like Kristin, I used to use Teacher Web before eChalk. I loved it. It was so easy for the kids, parents (and me!) to navigate through the website. I love how familiar your parents are with the website that they are able to download extra copies of the study guide when it gets forgotten at school or misplaced!! That is awesome! :) Thanks for linking up!

    Amanda
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are like me...you get familiar with something and like to keep it. I've been using Teacher Webpages for about six years. I'm not even sure it's still called Teacher Webpages. It's switched names a few times. I love having a class site though!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being able to upload documents does make it really easy! I'm so glad our district pages allows us to do that as well.

    Fabulous Fifth Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must have been reading my mind because I was just thinking about my teacher website! :) I've never heard of teacherweb so I'm heading over to check it out. Thanks for the tip!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete