Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Aesop's Fable Review and Freebie

In June, I read about the book Aesop's 1st Book of Childhood Adventures on Collaboration Cuties blog and I immediately ordered myself a copy.


Then a few weeks ago, I was contacted by Vincent Mastro to review a Teacher's Guide that he created to go with his book. The teacher's guide is a wonderful 87 page resource. One of the things that I love most about it is that it has a copy of the stories in the guide. The pages lay flat, so I can put them under my document camera.

I also love the fact that he has broken the lesson plans down into columns. It states the ELA standards for both second and third grade that the stories/questions answer. It also has writing activities for grades 1-4 in the back of the teacher's guide, (they also state the standard that they support)


If you are looking for a fun way to teach Fables to your kids you should check this product out. You can pick up all of these items from his TPT store here, or you can visit his website here.

Each year I have my kiddos write a fable to wrap up our study of fables. You can download the guidelines and checklist I created for my students here for free. 

 Picture of Free Teacher Downloads at Teaching Blog Addict
Do any of you teach Fables? Which Fables are your favorites?

Another friendly reminder to enter my 400 500 Follower Giveaway



No comments:

Post a Comment