Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

The one with the raining ceiling fan...and Let's Get Acquainted-Skittles Game

So yesterday I got home from a long day at school, posted on here, and was just getting ready to head back to school to help with a musical that some of my students were in when I hear the sound of rain...on my ceiling. Now that may not sound like a big deal, but when you live on the second floor of a three floor apartment, it is a huge issue!

The apartment above mine had a pipe break...so water began pouring between their floor and my ceiling. Which caused the water to "rain" from the ceiling fan in both my living room and office. Thankfully, I was home and able to put trash cans under the streams of water! I was also able to save our laptop and my husbands new docking station for his tablet that were on the table where the water started to flow. What a surreal experience!

Anyway, I'm linking up with Latoya at Flying into First Grade for her Let's Get Acquainted party (better late than never.)  This weeks topic is the Skittles game. Each color stands for something different to share.


 


TOPIC - Skittles Game
Here is the code:
Red- Favorite Ice Cream Flavor
Orange- Favorite Memory from College
Yellow- Favorite Sports Team
Green- Favorite Fast Food Place
Purple- Wild Card(Tell anything about yourself)



Red- Favorite Ice Cream Flavor
My favorite flavor is Coconut Almond Chip that is made fresh from my favorite ice cream place called OWOWCOW. It is a local creamery that makes ice cream with fresh local ingredients. So yummy!

Orange- Favorite Memory from College
My favorite college memory would probably be traveling with my roomie to the Army/Navy football game. My brother was a midshipman at the Naval Academy so we were able to watch football and visit with him.
Yellow- Favorite Sports Team
 I may live in Pennsylvania but I was born and raised in Rhode Island. So all the sports teams I support are New England teams. My all time favorite team would be the New England Patriots. I've been a fan since I was a kid (and they were awful back then.) It's nice to have a good team to cheer for!
http://www.sports-logos-screensavers.com/user/New_England_Patriots2.jpg
Green- Favorite Fast Food Place
I don't eat a lot of fast food, but Chick-Fil-A would have to be my favorite.
Purple- Wild Card(Tell anything about yourself)
Random fact about me-my husband and I first met on the internet. He was in FL and I was in PA. We were long distance up until two weeks before our wedding. 
  
Be sure to link up at Flying into First Grade to share some new facts about yourself and get to know your fellow bloggers.




 

3 comments:

  1. That ice cream flavor sounds yummy! Cyber romances really can work out well. My nephew and his sweet wife are living proof!

    Jill
    a-little-red-wagon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! I'm glad you were home to "catch" the rain! That's no fun, but a blessing you were there! Enjoy your weekend! :)

    Mandy
    The 4th Grade Journey

    ReplyDelete