Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Maniac Monday-Dictionary Scavenger Hunt

It is Maniac Monday at Classroom Freebies and I am linking up with a dictionary activity I use with my students each year.
I don't know about you, but my students can always use a little extra practice when it comes to dictionary skills. When I use this activity with my students I partner them up and give each pair one dictionary. The students work together to "hunt" through the dictionary and find the answers to the questions. They need to use the skills we have learned/practiced to complete the task (guide words, choosing the correct meaning, root words etc.) It is a fun way for them to practice "not-so-fun" skills. You can download it here.



Classroom Freebies Manic Monday
Freebie Fridays

5 comments:

  1. Good morning! I linked up two after you today on MM! Thank you for the freebie! I am a new follower.
    Tracey
    The Teacher’s Chair

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be very helpful for our tech savvy students that would rather use an online dictionary. Thank you for sharing!

    :)
    Carolyn
    Nurturing Noggins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping over from Maniac Mondays at Classroom freebies. I love your dictionary skills freebie. It's an important skill that children need practice on and having them hunt for things in a real dictionary makes it more life like to them!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you mentioned this on your Thesaurus Scavenger Hunt post. I looked through your blog to find this also. Happy Manic Monday!

    ReplyDelete